Knightsen Elementary Old River Elementary
Office of the Superintendent Business Services Staff Directory Human Resources Special Education Day Care Transportation Food Services
School Board Information Board Meetings Policies, Regulations and Notices Strategic Plan
Calendars Helpful Links Facility Use & Rentals Forms and Notices Request for Proposals Local Control Accountability Plan California Standards Registration Megan's Law Missing Childrent
Employee Self Service Teacher Quick Links E-Mail Working Documents


Registration Forms

Enrollment packets are available at the links below or at the school front office.

Enrollment Form
Forma de Registración

Residency Verification
Verificar la Residencia

Please also be prepared to provide an original birth certificate and proof of immunizations.

Intra-District Transfers

The intra-district transfer application is attached below. There are a limited number of spaces available. You must also submit proof of residency with your application. All requests are due to the District Office by 4:00 pm on March 15th. The original completed form and proof of residency must be turned into the main office. Parents will be notified of their child's placement by mid-April.

Enrollment in a school of choice shall be determined by lot from the eligible applicant pool, and a waiting list will be established to indicate the order in which applicants may be accepted if openings occur during the year. Late applicants will not be added to the waiting list for the current year. Applicants must confirm their enrollment within 10 school days of application approval.

Copies of the application, intra-district transfer administrative regulations, and information regarding acceptable proof of residency documents are available below. You may also pick up copies at the school office. If you have any questions, please call the Superintendent's Secretary at 925-626-3310.


Intra-District Transfer Request Form
Knightsen District residency verification form
Knightsen District residency verification form- español


District Policy on Intra-District Enrollment:


Letter to Families on Intra-District Transfers:
Intra-District Transfers

2018-2019 Kindergarten/ Transitional Kindergarten Enrollment

2018-19 Kindergarten/Transitional Kindergarten registration begins:


2018-2019 School Year

Children who turn five years of age on or before September 1 of the current calendar year are eligible to enroll in kindergarten.

Transitional Kindergarten:
Children who turn five years of age on or between September 2 and December 2 of the current calendar year are eligible to enroll in Transitional Kindergarten.

Inter-District Transfers

If you reside in another school district and wish for your student to attend in the Knightsen Elementary School District, contact your home school district to get an Inter-District Transfer Release.


Inter-district transfer renewals will be required for all new and returning students from all districts for the following school year. You should seek the renewal with your district no later than February of the current calendar year.


Inter-district transfer students will be notified of school placement by mid-April.

District Boundaries

Click here for the district boundary map.

Change in Immunization Requirements

Governor Brown signed into law SB 277 that states that parents or guardians of students can no longer submit a personal belief exemption to a currently required vaccine beginning January 1, 2016. However, a personal belief exemption submitted prior to January 1, 2016 will remain valid until the student enters kindergarten, transitional kindergarten or 7th grade.

Click here for more information.